Family Life - Student Ministry (7th through 12th grade)
Who are we?
We're a community of students gathering together to worship God, study His word, and pray. We also love to have fun and serve our community. You can download our 2015-2016 event calendar here. Or to see what things are like week to week, see below.
"Our student ministry exists to disciple and build up students, in partnership with parents, into young adults that are in vibrant and devoted relationships with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior (read more about our mission and values here)."
Sunday Night Student Fellowship (SNSF)
Our weekly student activity on Sunday nights, from 6:30pm to 8:00pm, at the home of Russ and Terri Washburn (18 S. Duskwood Pl., The Woodlands). Occasionally we meet at HopePointe, so make sure to check the calendar.
What do Sunday nights look like?
- food - Everything's better with food. A variety of snacks and drinks provided
- community - Our students and leaders love to visit and catch-up each week
- prayer - Don't worry - you won't be put on the spot! Each week an adult leads us in it
- bible study - We open the Bible and learn through engaging conversation and activities
*This is a typical night, but we might substitute it for a night of worship or other special event. Again, please see this year's calendar for details.
Our community doesn't just connect on Sundays nights. We often meet up on other days for service projects (often partnering with Interfaith of the Woodlands) and retreats.
We also just like to hang out with each other. Sometimes it's having dinner, going for a hike or seeing a movie. What's going on this week? See the upcoming events and forms below!
Serious about safety
Parents, we take seriously the fact that you are entrusting your teenagers to our care. Our ministry team members have all undergone a thorough background check.
We are committed to coming alongside parents in the process of discipling our students. Below you'll find a variety of resources to help. You'll also find links to our most recent and past Family Life Newsletters, a monthly resource updating you on our ministries to children and students.
Resources for Parents
- the LifeBook - Spring '16 text
- Sunday Night snack signup
- Update your student's information
- The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family
- Devotions you can do with your student
- Relationships & Godly sexuality resources
Resources from Past Events
We would love to help you and your teenager get connected at HopePointe! To find out more, you can contact our leadership.