What is Planning Center People?
“People” serves as a digital directory at HopePointe, allowing you to view someone’s information from your phone or computer. If using the app on your phone, you'll be able to find and call a member or get directions to their home with just a few swipes of the finger.
For step-by-step directions on using “People”, follow the instructions below:
1. You will receive an email from Planning Center explaining you are now a "Viewer". If you have difficulty finding this email, you may need to check your spam folder, or if using Gmail, click "All Mail". If this is your first time logging into anything related to Planning center, open this email and click on the blue box saying "Create a password now". If you already have a Planning Center account connected to HopePointe, skip steps 1 through 4.
2. You will be taken to the Planning Center website and be presented a box that says "Send Code". Click on this.
3. Once you have submitted this, you'll see a message indicating a verification code has been sent to your email.
4. Retrieve this code from the email that was just sent to you. Enter this into the Planning Center website you are currently viewing. After entering the code, you will have be asked to create a password. Enter your password twice in the empty boxes (it says "reset" though this will be the first time you're entering it. Please ignore this)
5. You may now view HopePointe's directory either online or with the "People" app for iPhone (click here) or Android (click here). To search for the app on the app stores rather than clicking on these links, search for "Planning Center People" and download the app. Once you have downloaded it, you'll find the App is simply named "People" and is blue.
6. If you have been doing this on the computer, you will first be taken to a home screen called the "Dashboard". Click on "People" in white to view HopePointe members. Please disregard the current "Demographic" information as we are in the process of updating it.
If you have completed the steps on a phone, you will be logged into the website via their mobile system and taken to the Dashboard page. To access the directory, touch "Dashboard" at the top and then choose "People".
If you log into the app, you will also be taken to the Dashboard. Touch the horizontal lines in the top left corner and then touch "People". This also will take you to the online directory. You will now be able to email someone, call them, or get directions to their home directly from here. If you would like to sort the names in a different order (by last name, for example), touch the icon in the top right of the screen and choose the criteria you would like to sort by.