Giving By Text
To learn how to give by text (bank transfer or card), you can watch this one-minute video (scroll down to "Video Overview") or follow the instructions below. Once this has been established, future giving by text is as simple as sending a dollar amount to "84321". The setup process is easy and takes about two minutes. Note that recurring donations can only be arranged through our online giving portal.
- Send an amount (example: $5 or $1.00) to the number "84321". This is a shared short-code used by other churches who use Planning Center.
- If your cell phone number isn't set up for text-to-give, a setup link will be sent back. Tap the setup link to be guided to the next step.
- Select your church. A list of churches in the area will be suggested. Tap the empty search field and search for HopePointe. You should only need to type "HopePointe" before it automatically appears below. Select us by tapping on this.
- Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
- Enter the payment method you'd like to use for text-to-give. If you're already a donor and you've added a payment method before (say, a bank account for ACH or a credit card) then you can optionally log in to access your saved payment methods.
- Complete your initial setup donation.
- If you make a mistake: Don't worry! Transactions can be refunded if "Refund" is sent within 30 minutes of the donation text. Note that this is not a cancellation but an actual refund.